From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Valy Sivec
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 4:01 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] Flex 1.5: AS2 serialization issue . Parent/Child data model implementation

Peter,

Here is the serverAPI,

public class Parent implements Serializable {

   private String property;
   private Set  childs;

   have here get/set methods
}

public class Child implements Serializable{

   private String property;
   private Parent parent;

   with get/set methods
}

I have a one-to-many relation between the Parent and the Child, implemented as "Set" on Parent. The "Child" has a reference back to the Parent via "parent"  property. I suspect AMF serialization doesn't work with cyclical reference. As I mentioned there is no problem sending Parent object from the client side to the server side.... but then I want to persist the "Child" object it looks that his "parent" property is like a new instance of the Parent class ( all Parent's properties are initialized with Java default values, in ! my case null;).

Is this an AMF limitation?.

I checked the object integrity logging the properties values to JBoss's log. Flex alert display the right value, but unfortunately don;t get the same value object on the server side.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Valy

Thank you,
Valy

Peter Farland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Can we see the server API for these types too?

When you say a Child's parent property is empty, are you saying it is null on the server? What are you using to determine that?