Hi Andrew,

Detection of old flash player version is fine.

What I am experiencing is this. I already have 8.0.22 player
installed. When the flex-config.xml file is detecting 7.0.14, the
application is fine. When i change it to 8.0.22 and redeploy, the
application doesn't work anymore. (The loading bar reaches the end,
and stops).

I change the flex-config.xml back to the original and everything works
again!

The only change is the flex-config.xml file. Nothing else!

Anybody with ideas on why this is happening?

Cheers,

Kam.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Spaulding" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Kam,
>
> It should be as simple as changing the following information in the
> flex-config.xml
>
> <required-version>8</required-version>
> <!-- 'dot' release of the required player -->
> <required-major-revision>0</required-major-revision>
> <!-- minor revision number of the required player -->
> <required-minor-revision>22</required-minor-revision>
>
> I had 7.0.35 installed and after changing the required version to
> 8.0.22 both Firefox and IE prompted me to upgrade my Flash Player.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Andrew Spaulding
> www.flexdaddy.info
>

> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Kam-Wing Pang" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Our application currently checks for the minimum flash player
version of
> > 7.0.14 which is set in flex-config.xml:
> >
> >     <flash-player>
> >         <!-- enable/disable player detection -->
> >         <enable>true</enable>
> >
> >         <!-- require 7.0.14 -->
> >         <!-- required player version -->
> >         <required-version>7</required-version>
> >         <!-- 'dot' release of the required player -->
> >         <required-major-revision>0</required-major-revision>
> >         <!-- minor revision number of the required player -->
> >         <required-minor-revision>14</required-minor-revision>
> >
> >         <!-- auto-install the player on windows and ie-only -->
> >         <!-- When windows-auto-install is true, IE will attempt to
> download
> > the ActiveX player without
> >              user intervention.  When false, the user is directed
to the
> > download url for upgrade. -->
> >         <windows-auto-install>true</windows-auto-install>
> >         <!-- player upgrade page - users without the required Flash
> version
> > will be directed here -->

<download-url>{context.root}/flex-internal/detection-kit/upgrade_flash/upgra
> > de_flash.html</download-url>

<download-https-url>{context.root}/flex-internal/secure/detection-kit/upgrad

<activex-download-url>http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flas

<activex-download-https-url>https://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/ca

<plugin-download-url>http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer</plugin-dow

<plugin-download-https-url>https://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer</plu