Sent: Sunday, January 08, 2006 5:15 AM
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] how to use MovieClip / swc in flex???

thanx JesterXL,

but still I am confusing regarding SWC.......where to place & how to link it in coding.....

jignesh.

On 1/8/06, JesterXL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
To utilize MovieClips, embed in SWF's.  Give it a linkage name and:

Flex 1.5:
[Embed(source=" your.swf", symbol="LinkageName")]
var yourSymbol:String;

attachMovie(yourSymbol, "mc", 0);

Flex 2:
[Embed(source="your.swf#LinkageName")]
var yourSymbol:Class;
var a:Class = new yourSymbol();
addChild(a);

To utilize SWC's, just place next to your Application.mxml file.

To import a class, treat like any class; import it.