To clarify, will I also need a license for Flex Enterprise Services (in addition to Flex Builder 2 and CFMX7) to publish and subscribe between a Flex client and a CFC?  Or will basic pub/sub functionality be built directly into CFMX7 apart from any need for FES?

>> Do you think you can use the pub/sub functionality as described?
I'll definately use pub/sub functionality.  However, I'm not clear yet on when I'll do so with CFMX7 versus Flex Enterprise Services versus Flash Media Server 2 versus custom socket servers.  Looking forward to learning more about the different functionality of each offering during the beta!

>> How do you envision a CFC backend to Flex2 Data services?
For projects where I'm mixing CF and Java, I'd consider passing everything through Flex Enterprise Services, as I prefer a single point of entry.  I'll need to better understand the differences in functionality between the CF gateway and FES before I can really envision when I'd use CFCs versus POJOs on the backend.