what happens if you call super.createChildren() at the beginning of the createChildren method?

On 1/12/06, superabe superabe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello list,
This sounds like a really basic thing so I can't believe this is a bug, so probably am doing something wrong.

I have a custom AS container(extends off VBox) in which I create a large number of child controls by overriding the createChildren method.
The component is used in Main.mxml file inside a VBox which is set to 100% height and width like so (pseudo):

<application width=980 height=695 margin=10>
  <vbox width=100% height=100%>
    <myContainer/>
  </vbox>
</application

The issue is when the scrollbars show up on the Application, rather than on the VBox where I would expect it to  !
If I replace the parent vbox with a canvas scrollbars show up around the canvas as it should

My component code is:

MyContainer.as

class _test.MyContainer extends VBox{
  function MyContainer(){
  }

 public function createChildren():Void{
   for(var i:Number=0;i<100;i++){
     this.createChild(Button,undefined,{label:"a_"+ i});

Anybody faced this before or know what I am doing wrong?
TIA
- superabe