Hi all,

I have developed a custom component for use in flex. I have dropped it
into an MXML file and my init(), createChildren() etc functions are
all working and I can pass initial values into in like:

<myComponent initialValue1="someValue" />

My question is how do I provide an external data provider for this
component?  Do I need to put flex's dataProvider class in the same
package as my component and then refer like this:

<myComponent initialValue1="someValue">
  <dataProvider>
     {//some action script object here}
  </dataProvider>