Hello all.

I have a form where a user enters criteria and chooses from a list box
the columns they want to see in their search results (in the form of a
datagrid). The List of columns is linked to <mx:model> in a XML file.

I am able to generate the datagrid successfully along with cell
renderers, but I am not sure how to dynamically add a "labelFunc" b/c
there are several columns where I need to process the value before
displaying.

My code looks like this:

// Code to create Datagrid
// Loop through the 'column' objects defined in my xml Model and
//   call createDataGridColumn method.

/* create column */
function createDataGridColumn(column : Object) : DataGridColumn
 {
        var _dgc:DataGridColumn = new DataGridColumn(column.name);
        _dgc.headerText = column.headerText;
        _dgc.width = column.width;
        if(column.labelFunction != undefined)
        {
                _dgc.labelFunction = column.labelFunction;
                //_dgc.labelFunction = "displayText";

        }
        return _dgc;
}

THE QUESTION OF THE HOUR is that the _dgc.labelFunction line within
the if statement is assigned the text of the method name, for example,
 in the commented line below. So where do I place the implementation
of this method???

The following attempts by me didn't work:
1.) I tried extending the DataGridColumn class and implementing the
method there.
2.) Implement the method in the class of the code above.
3.) Implement the method in the calling class of the code above.

Thanks in advance for any help!
3.