Hi Tracy,
Thank you so much`-`
I un installed the other version that I had, and installed the one with the "Integrated JRun4". It now works, I was able to view the examples,and was very impressed with flex so far, It seems like flex will make working with flash forms much easier, which what I am after. I am very new to this, and just want to play with it, and to start out small and then grow from there. This is going to be fun`-`

Thank you so much for your help, as I am not sure if I would have figured out what was wrong`-`
John

Tracy Spratt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Yes. Flex is a J2EE application, so it must run under some servlet
container.  If you are not a J2EE guy, and don't want to become one yet,
install flex using the "Integrated JRun" option.  This will give you a
working Flex installation immediately.

Your access urls will be:
http://localhost:8700/flex/myApp/myAppMain.mxml
http://localhost:8700/samples

If/when you find you want to serve Flex from IIS, you must move to some
full web server, since the integrated JRun does not support the
necessary connectors.

I have come to like Tomcat as my servlet container.  It is free, fairly
easy to set up, and seems extremely stable.

Be aware that when the Flex trial expires, it reverts to a perpetual
developers license, with restricted IP access.

Flex builder does not, but will simply stop working.  You might be able
to get an extension from MM.  If you can use Eclipse, you are
positioning yourself well for Flex Builder 2.0 which is built on
Eclipse.

Below is a list of good resources.
Tracy

Flex sites/blogs: