This is possible and pretty easy if you know how.

It took me a while to figure out though because there is no specific documentation that tells you how.

I am going to assume you know how to use Flex Remote Objects to connect to a CFC. If you don't it is well documented and worth figuring out.

Once you can connect to a CFC make a method in your CFC that looks something like this:

<cffunction name="ListDirectories" access="remote" returntype="query" output="true">

      <cfargument name=”DirToSearch” required=”true” >

      <cfdirectory name="TheDirs" directory="#DirToSearch#" action="">

      <cfreturn TheDirs>

</cffunction>

Then you will have to use the query returned as a dataprovider for the Tree Control.

Each time a user tries to open a folder you will have to make another remote call and use the information returned to populate that folder in the tree dataprovider.

Good luck eh