[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I have the book Developing Rich Clients with Macromedia Flex by Steven
> Webster and Allistair McCloud and I am trying to find what is the best
> chapter to
> read about security. I want to learn how to put information on a server and
> have
> it be kept secure? The information would be things like passwords and money
> amounts etc etc.

I don't have the book's index in front of me, but I know a good web
resource for such topics:
http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/security/

It sounds like you'd have a serverside database in there somewhere,
which would then provide values to either your Flex app, or your
audience's Macromedia Flash Player, or both, so that general techniques
of securing a serverside database would all apply... am I seeing the
situation correctly...?

jd

--
John Dowdell . Adobe Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd