Ok, i have been beating my head against this one for a bit now.  i
would like to display a list of checkboxes in a combo box.  The
combobox exposes the list it uses internally through the dropdown
property.  I have tried setting the cellrenderer on that at several
points during initaliziation but not having any luck in making it
work. My cellrenderer works fine when applied to a mx:List component
directly.

I have now created a subclass of the combobox and i am over-riding the
getDropdown and displayDropdown methods trying to set the cellRenderer
on the build in __dropdown object, before calling the super objects
methods.

Does any body have any pointers as to where i am going wrong?  I would
be happy to share the code i have started, and will blog the solution
for all once i make it work.

TIA

simeon