Here is an example to get you started.
Tracy

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.macromedia.com/2003/mxml";
width="400" height="600" marginLeft="6" marginRight="6" >
<mx:Script>
<![CDATA[
        import mx.managers.DragManager;
        function doDragEnter(event) {
                event.handled = true;
        }
        function doDragExit(event) {
                event.target.hideDropFeedback();
        }
        function doDragOver(event) {
                event.target.showDropFeedback();
        if (Key.isDown(Key.CONTROL))
                event.action = DragManager.COPY;
        else if (Key.isDown(Key.SHIFT))
                event.action = DragManager.LINK;
        else
                event.action = DragManager.MOVE;
        }
        function doDragDrop(event) {
                // Since the drag is over, remove visual feedback from
the target.
                doDragExit(event);
                var dragItems =
event.dragSource.dataForFormat("treeItems");
                var dest = event.target;
                //var dropLoc =
dest.getDisplayIndex(dest.getTreeNodeAt(0));
                var dropLoc = dest.getDropLocation();
                var destParentNode = dest.getDropParent();
                for(var i in dest){
                        trace(i + ": " + dest[i]);
                }
                var dropNode = dest.getNodeDisplayedAt(dropLoc);
                //var relDropLoc = dest.getDisplayIndex(dropNode);
                //dest.clearSelected();
                for (var i = dragItems.length - 1; i >= 0; i--)
                {
                        //trace(dropLoc)
                        //trace(dropNode);
                        //trace(relDropLoc);
                        //trace(dragItems[i]);
                        destParentNode.addTreeNodeAt(dropLoc,
dragItems[i]);
                        //dest.selectItem(dropLoc, true);
        function initApp() {
                firstList.dataProvider = treeDP;
                //secondList.dataProvider = [];
        }
        function doDragComplete(event)
        {
                var dragItems =
event.dragSource.dataForFormat("source").selectedItems;

trace(event.dragSource.dataForFormat("source").selectedItems);
                var counter = dragItems.length;
                for (var i=0;i<counter;i++)
                {
                        var item = dragItems[i];
                        trace(item);
                        item.removeTreeNode();
]]>
</mx:Script>
<mx:XML id="treeDP">
        <node label="Mail">
                <node label="Inbox"/>
                <node label="Personal Folder">
                        <node label="Demo" isBranch="true" />
                        <node label="Personal" isBranch="true"/>
                        <node label="Saved Mail" isBranch="true"/>
                        <node label="bar" isBranch="true" />
                </node>
                <node label="Sent" isBranch="true" />
                <node label="Trash"/>
        </node>
        <node label="Calendar"/>
</mx:XML>
<mx:Label text="Drag items within the list" />
<mx:HBox marginBottom="6">

        <mx:Tree id="firstList" width="100%" height="100%"
                        dragEnabled="true"
                        multipleSelection="true"
                        initialize="initApp()"
                        dragComplete="doDragComplete(event)"