From: Dave Wolf
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2006 4:47 PM
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Updating the data back to database

In Flex 1.5 there  is not.  However Flex 2.0 will include the
"Enterprise Data Services" which include exactly this functionality.
This was demonstrated at MAX last fall and Adobe has presented several
web casts on it.  As you note (and much like other existing
client/server products like PowerBuilder) the data services will
include the ability to track "changed" or "dirty" data on the client,
marshal those changes to the server, and will provide for a pluggable
persistence layer which will handle writing the changes in an
optimized way to the underlying data store.  This will include things
like optimistic updates, etc.

--
Dave Wolf
Cynergy Systems, Inc.