From: "Trey Long" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <flexcoders@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2006 12:12 PM
Subject: [flexcoders] MXML Components and Classes

Quick question about making custom components.

I know custom components exist as classes in actionscript but I was a
little lost on how you create functions for your component.  Right now I
have an external .AS file that is just some import statements and a
collection of functions (no package or class definition). How can I link
the .MXML component to a class, or write the components class code? Is
it possible to have a hybrid component or must the whole thing be in
actionscript if I want any programmatic functionality?

-Trey