Well, the way I'm planning this out is that at the
moment, i need to have 60 chart objects with
essentially up around 40 or so series per chart
(estimated - could go as high as 60).  Each series is
an array of numbers.  Each array has 60 values.

I'm still noodling out how to best put this
together...
I need still need to manage time in all this for
labels on the charts, but the time element is going to
be synced across alll of the charts, so I've been
playing around with updating the labels and horizontal
values manually.. (not sure if that's the way to go
yet)

so for example (hope this makes sense):

Chart = cpu:object

series = machine1:Array .... machine60:Array

machine1:Array
98
100
45
67
etc..

machine2:Array
56
34
98
45
etc...

http://www.kaourantin.net/2005/09/garbage-collection-in-flash-player-8.html

> There was a comment on another article where he
> described how using 1 member
> variable vs. many locals was better... even though
> locals were optimized for
> local registers in Flash Player 7 making functions
> faster... it's all
> confusing.
>
> There was an in depth article that disappeared from
> the face of Google; I
> haven't seen it in 2 years, but don't know if it was
> worth reading or not.
>
> Anyway, let us know about the data points; what
> their properties are, I can
> run some tests when I'm done with this project.

=== message truncated ===