From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Leon Tanner
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 4:46 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] Re: Cairngorm Question

Ok, we've gone down the route of using mxmlc.jar for precompilation.
The reason is purely to include data within the SWF to save a return
trip to the server - and also to reduce the load on the server at
initial request time.

Our process is essentially running a series of Ant tasks that firstly
compile all our Java classes, secondly precompile our MXML and lastly
create a WAR ready for deployment.

Since the MXML is precompiled without using the Flex server whatsoever,
we need to specify the gateway to the compiler - this is currently done
in flex-config.xml.  At present we can't find a way to make this
relative - i.e. not to include the name of the root directory.  For
example:

<amf-gateway>/myFlexApp/amfgateway</amf-gateway>

Ideally what we'd like is:

<amf-gateway>./amfgateway</amf-gateway>

The reason why we'd like this is - when we create a WAR and deploy to
our customers, we don't have control over what they choose to name the
WAR file.  Since the name of the WAR file relates to the root directory
name and we can't find a way to make that value relative, we have a hugs
issue here!

Has anyone come across this or have any ideas we could try to get around
it?

Thanks