You can dispatch an event that bubbles in your cellrenderer, and your main app can catch this event, and then resend the HTTPService.  Since the event is not internal to DataGrid's metadata, you can only subscribe via code.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 12:29 PM
Subject: [flexcoders] DataGrid Renderer and referencing back

I have a custom cellRenderer which has a button in it…and when that button is pressed, I want to force the datagrid to resend it’s HTTPService to get an update. How can I reference my HTTPService in the main app, when my custom cellRenderer is in a separate mxml file?

Jonathan Miranda

Flexible Master of the Web