We are currently migrating a pretty large Flex2 application from alpha1 to
beta1.
The biggest problem we've faced are compilation issues when referencing
static constants in MXML views and/or AS commands (Cairngorm-based).
For example, states : MainView.STATE_LOADING.
It was working fine in alpha1.

It takes ages to compile and ends on the following compilation error :
"End of input reached befor closing quote for string literal
String literal must be terminated before line break
End of input reached befor closing quote for string literal
String literal must be terminated before line break
Expecting rightbrace before end of program
Expecting rightbrace before end of program"

It does not indicate the mxml/as file where the problem occurs...

When this type of compilation error occurs, Flex Builder 2 memory jumps each
time by 150/200Mo, until outOfMemory error.

WORKAROUND : we add to remove ALL our static constant references and
hard-code their "String" value, one by one, in order to be able to compile
our app.

I've tried to reproduce the problem on a simple app such as the Cairngorm 2
sample Login app, but it is compiling and working fine.
So before to try to spend some time to reproduce this issue, has anyone else
faced this problem?
It is a known issue?

Thanks.

Benoit Hediard