First of all , I think you need to include the .SWC file in the Build Path.

Secondly, I don't think Yahoo Maps Flex API is supported in Flex2/Action Script 3.

- Hari

Jonathan Miranda wrote:

Anyone got a no-brainer solution to this or know somewhere where I can find this information? I’m trying something just real basic with the SWC in the root of the project and I’m getting “YahooMap is not a compile-time constant” or something close to that. Ideas?

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.macromedia.com/2005/mxml" xmlns:yahoo="com.yahoo.maps.api.flex.*" xmlns:local="*" xmlns="*" >

<yahoo:YahooMap id="myMap" width="550" height="400" zoomLevel="3" latitude="37.77159" longitude="-122.401714" initialize="onInitialize(event);" />

</mx:Application>

Jonathan Miranda

Flexible Master of the Web

"In the game of chess, it's important to never let your opponent see your pieces."