From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Manish Jethani
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 11:23 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] New Inline cell renderers

On 2/7/06, Jonathan Miranda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Well I'm closer but no cigar yet. I can get the dataProvider to update
with the checkbox click, but each checkbox click requires 2 clicks! One
to get focus in the box and one to actually change the checkbox...

There are two ways to set an editor: (1) the "editorClass" property,
and (2) the "cellRenderer" and "isCellEditor" properties.  In the
latter case, the cell renderer is also the cell editor (like your
CheckBox).

You don't have to use an inline cell renderer if all you need is a
simple CheckBox.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.macromedia.com/2005/mxml";
xmlns="*" layout="vertical">
<mx:Array id="array">
        <mx:Object Name="Item 1" Selected="false" />
        <mx:Object Name="Item 2" Selected="true" />
</mx:Array>
<mx:DataGrid dataProvider="{array}" editable="true">
        <mx:columns>
                <mx:DataGridColumn columnName="Name" />
                <mx:DataGridColumn columnName="Selected"
                        cellRenderer="mx.controls.CheckBox"
                        isCellEditor="true"
                        editorProperty="selected" />
        </mx:columns>
</mx:DataGrid>
</mx:Application>

>and I can't figure out how to center the Checkbox now since it's not
in an HBox anymore.

Same example above with an inline cell renderer based on HBox:

                        <mx:cellRenderer>
                                <mx:Component>
                                        <mx:HBox
horizontalAlign="center">