Does anyone have an elegant solution on how to handle a line chart when, for example, we have 3 series in our line chart…Equities, Assets, and a Total.  3 separate lines.  In a specific case, Assets is 0 for all date points, so Equities and Total are exactly the same, hence their lines overlap each other identically.

To a user, this might not be immediately intuitive if they only see the chart and not the underlying data.  Is there a way to handle this?  I mean would this just be a situation where we’d have to pre-analyze the data of the chart, check if a specific series is identical to the total and if it’s true, in the mouse-over datatip renderer we’d have to display something that indicates to the user that this series and the total are identical?  Or is there some nifty built-in functionality to already handle such instances where series are identical?

robert l. brueckmann

vice president

merlin securities

595 madison avenue

16th floor

phone: 212.822.4821

fax: 212.822.4820

This message contains information from Merlin Securities, LLC, or from one of its affiliates, that may be confidential and privileged. If you are not an intended recipient, please refrain from any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information and note that such actions are prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone or by replying to this transmission.

Merlin Securities, LLC is a registered broker-dealer. Services offered through Merlin Securities, LLC are not insured by the FDIC or any other Federal Government Agency, are not deposits of or guaranteed by Merlin Securities, LLC and may lose value. Nothing in this communication shall constitute a solicitation or recommendation to buy or sell a particular security.