Title: My Flex 1.5 project went live at TWELVE Hotel in Atlanta on Sunday!

Congrats! Sounds like a fun project!

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Tracy Spratt
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2006 5:39 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: >< [flexcoders] My Flex 1.5 project went live at TWELVE Hotel in Atlanta on Sunday!

I’ve been quiet for the last few weeks because I was in super-production mode to finish this project.

At the TWELVE Hotel in Atlantic Station in Atlanta, we put a thin client running a Flex “kiosk” application.  The app provides guests with general hotel information, like floor maps and safety information,  plus Atlantic Station information like stores, restaurants and an interactive jogging map, and provides general web access.

But most important, we provide access to hotel services such as room service, gift shop, housekeeping, maintenance, car valet, guest bill status and in-room check-out.  Changes to the status of any guest request is automatically displayed to that guest, for example, Your car is ready, come down anytime”.

The app knows the name of the guest and their zipcode, and displays the current weather at their home, as well as the local Atlanta weather, and they can request weather for anywhere.

The backend is an ASP.NET application that integrates with the hotel services vendor’s (Itendant) system and with the PMS vendor’s (Micros Opera) system.

Communication between the backend and the in-room clients uses a combination of HTTPService and XMLSockets.

The grand opening went great, definitely the best day of my year!  Sure, there are still a few problems, but no sweat.

Thanks to all of you flexcoders.  I couldn’t have done the same job without you.

Come to Atlanta, stay at the TWELVE (I understand it is reasonable for business travelers), let me know what you think.

Tract Spratt

Lariat Technology, Inc.