We have, as Carson mentioned, definately seen issues where the
j_session_id is not properly propogated through the proxy.  I would
want to see, as Matt alludes to, do the credentials get propogated
when we take the proxy out of the picture.  I would create a simple
JSP page which itself returns the UserPrincipal.  Call that JSP from
within your Flex app and read the value.

--
Dave Wolf
Cynergy Systems, Inc.

Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]