Yea, it would be for Flex 1.5.  I will take a look at the ToolTipBorder stuff in the halo skin and see what I can dig up.

Thanks

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Matt Horn
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 9:31 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] Custom tooltips

You didn't mention which version of Flex. I am not sure about how to do this in Flex 1.x, but in 2.0 you take the ToolTip's programmatic skin ToolTipBorder and make a custom skin class. Making a bubble-like popup would take some Flash graphics API wizardry, but I am sure it can be done. I would start by checking out the updateDisplayList() method of the mx.skins.halo.ToolTipBorder.as file.

hth,

matt horn

flex docs