hi Ian,

I use java and php (amfphp) as the backend,
but can take a look at your code and see what I can do.

jeremy.

On 2/25/06, Ian Skinner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I am studying the phones example, the documentation, and all web resources I know of as fast as I can in order to get my 25 year old procedural head around these new Flex/OO concepts.

My goal is to create a working mockup of an existing application I wrote in CFML\HTML a few years ago.  I am having trouble finding the information I need to get very far in this project.  I do not yet know enough to even know where to begin.

My first stumbling block, how does one retrieve multiple pieces of data from the CFC backend?  Following the phones example and the documentation I have successfully retrieved a simple array and attached it to a tile list, but I also want a string label that describes/names the dynamic data in the array.  I created a function to return the string, but do not know how to connect this string to a label control separately from the array which is connected to a tile control at the same time.

I can provide copies of my files to anybody willing to review them.  I am not posting them here until I learn whether it is accepted or not to post larger code examples to this list.

Pointers to useful sections of the manual or other written resources also gratefully accepted.

TIA

--------------
Ian Skinner
Web Programmer
BloodSource
www.BloodSource.org
Sacramento, CA

---------
| 1 |   |
---------  Binary Soduko
|   |   |
---------

"C code. C code run. Run code run. Please!"
- Cynthia Dunning