I agree, still a great book. Hope Steve and Ali have plans for a second part to cover all the news with Flex 2 and FES 2.0 ;)

2006/2/27, Scott Barnes < [EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Agreed. I considered myself a flex developer early on in the piece
that "knew" flex, but i'm happy to put hand on heart and declare that
I still have it on my bookshelf and at times refer to it for
min-refresh-my-memory style queries.

Semantics of the book hold, just syntax is a lot different. Plus it
wouldn't hurt to know where flex has come from in order to guage where
its going.

If however you have to pay and not your work and the budgets a bit
tight then i'd say "no" :)

On 2/27/06, Matt Chotin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I think it depends on your goal for reading the book.  If you want to
> just copy sample code and run it then the book now serves less of a
> purpose.  But I think the approaches that are talked about in the book
> still hold in Flex 2 so for general background it's still worthwhile.
>
> Matt

Regards,
Scott Barnes
http://www.mossyblog.com