Hello everyone,

im new to the group and only just started using the whole Flex
environment and language in the past fewe weeks.  I can see the
advantages of using Flex for the GUI's that my system will use and
using Coldfusion cfc's to manipulate my database and data as a whole.

I am using Coldfusion to develop my main system and i intend to use
Flex to create some powerful GUI's.  However i have been having some
major problems getting to two to work together (cf/flex compiler
merge, Coldfusion cfc's as remote objects).

I have been using Flex Builder 1.5 for a few weeks now and im starting
to build what will be a pretty sophisticated application.  I have been
having a few problems with getting Coldfusion cfc/Remote Objects
working, thankfully i have got a quick fix so i can continue
developing my application for the time being, but i need to get this
problem sorted before i can deploy the system for production use.

My main question is what are the advantages of using Flex Builder 2.0
over 1.5, and indeed the Flex 2.0 language over 1.5.  I was about to
install Flex Builder 2.0 on my laptop to develop the system, but i
just got the remote objects/cfc's working so i thought that if it aint
broke dont fix it!

I am running the cf and flex as integrated JRun 4 servers on one
machine on my network, and i am developing and viewing the cf and flex
applications on my laptop.

Any comments would be helpful.

Thanks,

Barry