Hi all,
  I'm new to Flex and AS3 (well, I guess everyone's "new" to AS3) and
am having difficulty with what should be basic and simple - loading an
external xml file.  I can't even get the examples in Help to work
(Flex 2beta):

1 var externalXML:XML;
2 var loader:URLLoader = new URLLoader();
3 var request:URLRequest = new URLRequest("xmlFile.xml");
4 loader.load(request);
5 loader.addEventListener(EventType.COMPLETE, onComplete);
6
7 function onComplete(event:Event):Void{
8     var loader:URLLoader = URLLoader(event.target);
9     externalXML = new XML(loader.data);
10    trace(externalXML.toXMLString());
11 }

This gives me an error at line 7 - Void is not a compile time constant.
If I change that to lowercase void (or any other valid constant) or
remove the type declaration :Void altogether I get two errors at lines
4 and 5 telling me that "request" and "loader" are undefined
properties, even though they're defined immediately above.  What
gives?  and thanks in advance for your help!

Rick Englert