I'm creating an app that displays SWF "slides" and plays MP3 files associated with those slides. When I create this application under Flexbuilder, at runtime it opens the external SWF slide files and plays the MP3 files just fine. But when I move the application to a different directory (containing the expected SWFs and MP3s) I get a runtime error complaining about loading the SWF files. Even stranger is the fact that the security message is only complaining about loading SWF files from the local directory. When I comment out the SWF file loading, it's perfectly happy to load MP3 files from the local directory.

I've tried a number of experiments, including copying the SWF file from the directory where flexbuilder creates it (where it works) to a different directory (where it pops up a security message).

I don't know if this is expected behavior or a bug, but if it is expected behavior then I think I could solve it if I can compile the SWF files into the app instead of having them as separate files, but I don't know how to do that (and note my previous message about an apparent bug in the @Embed command).

I'd be perfectly happy to compile the external SWF slides directly into the application as some kind of array of images (thus solving the access problem), but so far I haven't been able to figure out how to do that. Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

--
Bruce Eckel