Hi,

i can access the cfcs over http no bother.

i have also stopped using named RO's, its the same difference, one
works in one directory and another doesnt!

Heres a full description of my situation...

I have got both cfcs in different directories underneath the cf
webroot directory

remoting (working) - C:\CFusionMX7\wwwroot\remoting\samples
ppd (not working) - C:\CFusionMX7\wwwroot\ppd\components

I call the cfc's from my flex app like this (i am not using named RO's
any more)...

<mx:RemoteObject
  id="miscCFC"
  endpoint="http://localhost:8500/flashservices/gateway";
  source="remoting.samples.miscTables"
  fault="doFault(event)"
  showBusyCursor="true">
</mx:RemoteObject>

In the cf gateway-config.xml file (C:\CFusionMX7\wwwroot\WEB-INF\) i
have the following code inside
access to my components)...

    <object name="misc">
      <source>remoting.samples.miscTables</source>
    </object>

    <object name="misc2">
      <source>ppd.components.miscTables</source>
    </object>

Inside the Flex flex-config.xml file
(C:\Flex\jrun4\servers\default\ppddev\WEB-INF\flex\) i have the following
code inside the "<flex-config><remote-objects><whitelist><named>"
element (to bypass the bug Flex 1.5 has)...

    <object name="misc">
      <source>foo.bar3</source>
    </object>

    <object name="misc2">
      <source>foo.bar5</source>
    </object>

I decided to install the cf and Flex servers on my laptop as i need to
do get some development done while im on the road.
I have changed the flex config file to allow this.
Flex's flash gateway now points to the cf flash remoting gateway
<amf-gateway>http://localhost:8500/flashservices/gateway</amf-gateway>

I have a crossdomain.xml document in the wwwroot of the cf server
which contains the following code...

    <cross-domain-policy>
      <allow-access-from domain="*" />
    </cross-domain-policy>

Is this the crossdomain policy file you are talking about (is this
what is needed?)

I dont think this is really relevant at the minute as i am running
both my cf/flex servers locally (but might come in
useful when i deploy the system for use in the real world!)

When you say about using the servername in the connection URL, i dont
think i am having any problems with this at the
minute as the remoting cfc is working fine, its just the ppd cfc
doesnt seem to want to play!

I was also wondering if you had any idea about merging cf/flex so that
i can have just one JRun instance that will serve
up cfm pages (this is what the main system runs on) with mxml embedded
within them.  Also, is there a way to compile the mxml
files to flash files (.swf) so that i can just embed the flash file,
or is this even necessary?

I hope this is enough information, im not sure what else to tell you,
if you need any more info let me know...
i think i could have written my whole flex by the time i got the info
for this post lol

Thanks for all your help

Barry