From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Johannes Nel
Sent: Monday, March 06, 2006 1:12 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] polymorphic interfaces

hi all, especially Adobe dudes working on ze language.

the fact that method signatures are not polymorphic when implementing an interface or overriding a function is a real pain in the .... behind.
now in my interface i have to create a function as such

interface IBla
{

function clone():IBla
}

but two levels down the line when i have extended this interface with another i want my clone to return a more concrete type, and then each of my classes that implement this interface their clone methods would ideally return their own type.

yet all these classes implement IBla in some fashion either directly or indirectly so... anyway polymorphic function signatures would be nice.

thanks
johan

What goes up, does come down.

j:pn