From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Michael Schmalle
Sent: Monday, March 06, 2006 5:58 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Flex2 :: mx.logging package usage IE TraceTarget.filters

Hello,

Now, I was experimenting with the mx.logging package. Looks really kewl, I have got some things working(BTW the docs are completly messed up on method signatures).

Any adobe peplz want to give a heads up on the filters property of ITarget aka TraceTarget class?

I have this method...

        protected function constructLogger():void
        {
            var traceTarget:ITarget = new TraceTarget();
            traceTarget.filters = ["com.teotigraphix.teodoc.core.TEODocObject"];
            traceTarget.level = LogEventLevel.DEBUG;

            Log.addTarget(traceTarget);

            __logger = Log.getLogger("com.teotigraphix.teodoc.core.TEODocObject");

            debug("constructLogger()");
        }

Now, I am building a documenting framework for as3/mxml and most of my classes inherit the TEODocObject for using services, logging and events. Now, using the TraceTarget.filter, is there any way to filter calls FROM the TEODocObject and filter out subclasses of certain packages ?

Example

com.teotigraphix.teodoc.core.Project extends com.teotigraphix.teodoc.core.TEODocObject

I don't want the debug being called for this class Project

but I do want say

com.teotigraphix.teodoc.core.TEODocProjectManager extends com.teotigraphix.teodoc.core.TEODocObject

Any way to do this?
Any more docs being produced for these classes?

Remember, I have been reading the spotty docs on this and most of my trips are guesses ;-)

Also, how do I set up the flash trace.txt file ???

Peace, Mike

--
What goes up, does come down.

What goes up, does come down.