For your information, we have spent over 9 months developing on Flex
1.5 and are now being forced to deploy with a newer Tomcat and Java
JDK due to Security issues and developement requirements of 'other
technologies' by out clients.

We are not new to this and have probably been contributing to this
group for longer than you care to know.

I am not looking for the answer "change to Flex2", it doesn't help
nor is it feasible, I'm looking for experiences and knowledge, which
you have none of in Flex 1.5, self confessed.

Please allow others who care about the current technology to support
it and others in getting the best from it, rather than having the
Microsoft answer of 'It'll be avaialable in Office 2030'.

Regards and Peace,

Iain

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Schmalle"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Nick,
>
> "
> hmm...that aint helping dude.  if someone is doing an
implementation with

<iain.mclean@>

> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Why wont flex 1.5 work with anything other than 1.4 JDK?
> > >
> > > It doesn't even work with the latest Tomcat, why would anyone
> > > constrain an application to a version of JRE, JDK or tomcat
version?

> > > This is useless if the rest of the environment want to move on
> > > pastures new and Flex is left behind dragging everyone back.
> > >
> > > I guess this is going to be the same problem with Flex 2, as
soon as
> > > it's released it's stuck in a timewarp of 'old java'.
> > >
> > > It doesn't work with the latest JBOSS either or for that
matter the
> > > last 14 versions, that's how sanboxed a technology it is.
> > >
> > > Maybe they should have spent time thinking about how to
suppport it
> > > rather than how to price it, it only makes life difficult for
us in
> > > a lose lose situation.
> > >
> > > Please remember that Flex 2 is still in beta and they should be
> > > supporting their existing release, without trying to hype
everyone
> > > up about what the future brings......
> > >
> > > Iain
> > >

> >  --
40yahoogroups.com

t=ms&k=Web+site+design+development&w1=Web+site+design+development&w2=
Computer+software+development&w3=Software+design+and+development&w4=M
acromedia+flex&w5=Software+development+best+practice&c=5&s=166&.sig=L
-4QTvxB_quFDtMyhrQaHQ>  Computer
> > software development<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Computer+software+development&w1=Web+site+design+development&w
2=Computer+software+development&w3=Software+design+and+development&w4
=Macromedia+flex&w5=Software+development+best+practice&c=5&s=166&.sig
=lvQjSRfQDfWudJSe1lLjHw>  Software
> > design and development<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Software+design+and+development&w1=Web+site+design+development
&w2=Computer+software+development&w3=Software+design+and+development&
w4=Macromedia+flex&w5=Software+development+best+practice&c=5&s=166&.s
ig=1pMBCdo3DsJbuU9AEmO1oQ>   Macromedia
> > flex<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Macromedia+flex&w1=Web+site+design+development&w2=Computer+sof
tware+development&w3=Software+design+and+development&w4=Macromedia+fl
ex&w5=Software+development+best+practice&c=5&s=166&.sig=OO6nPIrz7_EpZ
I36cYzBjw>  Software
> > development best practice<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Software+development+best+practice&w1=Web+site+design+developm
ent&w2=Computer+software+development&w3=Software+design+and+developme
nt&w4=Macromedia+flex&w5=Software+development+best+practice&c=5&s=166
&.sig=f89quyyulIDsnABLD6IXIw>
> >     [EMAIL PROTECTED]<flexcoders-
[EMAIL PROTECTED]>