I'm having a litle trouble understanding how effects work.
Apparently when you play() an effect, it is asynchronous, but I can't
seem to wrap my head around a solution.

 I have a Timer set up.  Each time it fires, I want to do the following:

1) Fade the Label to alpha=0.0
2) Change the Label text
3) Fade to alpha=1.0

So I define one mx:Fade to fade in and one to fade out.  Then in my
timer handler I try:

            fadeOut.play([salesTxt], true);

            salesTxt.text = cf.format(tickerData[current].value);

            fadeIn.play([salesTxt], true);

...but the text just "pops" to alpha 0.0 and then fades in.

Could someone explain why this happens and what would be a good way to
accomplish this?

 Thanks,
   Brent