On 3/7/06, Sergey Kovalyov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Are there any effective strategies to make the RIA listed in search engines?

Progressive enhancement.

> I heard that Google's spider parses SWF already, but in most cases content
> is located on server layer, so there is nothing to parse in SWF actually.
> Any ideas on how to organize the application to make some content visible to
> spiders and how to reach top ranks with RIA without cheating?

It's not just for search engines to be able to index content on your
site, it's also for people with less capable web browsers to be able
to navigate your site.

Suppose you're doing an amazon.com in Flex.  Here's how I'd structure it.

blah blah static content blah
<script>
var flex = new FlashObject(...);
flex.write("content");
</script>

Now if you access it with a browser that does not have Flash or
JavaScript (like a search engine bot or a wget or Lynx), you get a
plain HTML/XHTML page with links.  That would be my strategy.

Manish