Hi Manish,

I understand what you wrote, I guess my question is more about the implementation of getStyle().

If you have a sub component that needs to access 'sizerThickness', and it's a composited component that stands on it's own as a 'component', should I declare that style on the Host component.

AHHH, this is to complicated to explain.

Basically it's like RectBorder. All containers use a border compositied inside themselves. How do you set up RectBorder to correctly get a borderStyle style from it's parent? THis is basically my problem.

Also, the getStyle method is called each time(for now) setActualSize() is called within the sub component. THis why I am saying the styleChanged() method really is irrelivent to my case other than if it actually sets the prop on the child. Does it do that?

Peace, Mike

On 3/14/06, Manish Jethani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 3/14/06, Michael Schmalle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Lets say we have Component and SubComponent(composite inside Component, queued in Component.allChildrensList).
>
>  1) SubComponent uses getStyle("sizerThickness")
>
>  How do I get this to where you call Component.setStyle("sizerThickness") and through inheriting this style, SubComponent can use it's getStyle("sizerThickenss") when the Component gets it's setStyle() called?
[snip]

If the style is an inheriting style, the `styleChanged` method of all
descendants will get called.  That's where you can call
`invalidateDisplayList` (which will lead to a call to
`updateDisplayList` by the framework).

Manish

What goes up, does come down.