Yikes! I forgot there are no threads in Flex! so a polling/listening loop won't work ... I would have to have a timer to poll periodically ... no so pretty ...

:(

dos dedos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Replying to my own tired brain:

I should probably settle for polling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111

dos dedos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hey, does anyone have an idea how to build an HTTP (or socket) client + server inside a Flex app?

I could use HTTPService for the client stuff but in my scenario I need to allow the Flex app to both send requests as well as receive them, so HTTPService is only half of the solution.. unless I'm missing something.

I could use FES pub-sub to push data to the Flex app (and HTTPService to pull data/make calls on demand) but I can't do that because of the additional cost of the FES deployment license (given that in my scenario the service would have to run on the user's desktop.) And I definitely want to avoid having to periodically poll for data from the Flex app.

I believe that it can be done but that I would have to spend a good amount of time experimenting with it.. However, it seems like a common need so I'd like to find out if anyone has done it before?

Thanks

marc

Yahoo! Mail

Yahoo! Mail