I've had this error a couple of times and have never been able to solve it
There are no characters I can find after the mxml file referenced and
the line number location listed is neither at end of the program nor
contains irrelevant characters

In the Problems panel the resource shows the folder name (not an mxml
file) and the folder name is blank

Any idea whats going on. I cannot compile the file and can only get
round this by setting up a different folder