The System memory requirements for FLEX 2.0 Beta1 is 1GB I am hoping
that is just for the beta and when we get the final product it will be
more RAM friendly. I am sure this is the case - just as with every
beta they are able to reduce the size of the SWF that are being compiled.

Rich

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Dimitrios Gianninas"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I always use the plug-in version and the memory usage is about the
same. And I only have 512 MB of RAM! (yes I'll be upgrading soon).
What helps is to turn OFF the automatic building, it really helps.
Otherwise you get random pauses which are quite anoying.

usage goes up by about 300MB and then grows quickly to 350MB usage as
I start using the IDE ...

> When I start Flexbuilder 2 Eclipse Plugin my memory usage goes up by
about 325MB and grows quickly to 375MB as I start using the IDE ...

> I have 1GB RAM but I run other IDEs and tools at the same time so it
gets used up pretty quick ...

> Does anyone know if it's possible to strip down Eclipse to the bare
minimum and then run it with the Flex 2 plugin to lower memory usage?
 Or is there a way to modify the Flex 2 or Eclipse JVM installtion to
reduce memory usage?