Hi Ely,

I'm curious about the benefits of implementing these features as
chart extensions as opposed to separate custom components.
Specifically, in my case I have a custom component that can have its
view type set to either chart or datagrid; both use the same
dataprovider.  Another custom component has horizontal slider and
scrollbar controls that operate on the dataprovider to allow zoom
and scroll capability.  Implementation-wise, there is really nothing
in common between these components.  Their parent container
incorporates both the zoom-scroll control and the chart/grid
component and sets their dataproviders to the same object.  Do you
think this particular use case would be a good candidate for
implementing as chart extensions?

Thanks,
Doug

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Ely Greenfield" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>