De : flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] De la part de Doug Hughes
Envoyé : mercredi 22 mars 2006 16:09
À : flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Objet : [Norton AntiSpam] [flexcoders] Where to go to get flex builder 2 assistance?

Hi all,

Does this list’s topic encompass questions related to the Flex Builder 2 and CF/Flex connectivity betas?

In particular, I’m trying to get started with all of this.  The first thing I tried to do was to create a new Flex project in Flex Builder using ColdFusion Flash Remoting Service.  I presume this is the CF/Flex connectivity “stuff”.  I’ve been unable so far to find any information to confirm or refute this.

From there FB asks for the root folder of the Flex Data Services server, which it seems to indicate is under my JRun folder somewhere.  Because I’m working with CF I looked under the jrun4\servers\cfusion\...  folders and found a flex folder.  I set the root folder to that path.  I then checked the port my CF instance is running on (8300) and set the Root URL to http://localhost:8300/web-inf/flex/ (and a range of others).  I picked this url because it’s the most “correct” given the servers port.  Amusingly, I can’t access that url via the web browser so I’m sure that’s got something to do with it.

I edited the flex-enterprise-services.xml file in that flex folder to set the port to 8300.  Once thing I noticed was that the default url was http://localhost:8700{context.root}/flex2gateway/.  I don’t have a folder “flex2gateway” anywhere on my system.  I tried changing that to /flex but that didn’t work either.

Anyhow, the error I’m getting when I click Validate Location is this:

Server Root is invalid. Could not locate flex-config.xml or flex-enterprise-services.xml

I don’t know which root is the problem, Root folder or Root URL.  Furthermore, the finish button is grayed out so I assume that I need to click Validation Location before I can move forward.  The folder I specified in the Root Folder field *does* have a flex-enterprise-services.xml file, but no flex-config.xml.

So, I really don’t know where to go to get help on this (I’ve dug around labs.macromedia.com to no avail) so I’m asking here to get some guidance.

Thanks,

Doug Hughes