When setting an itemRenderer for a tree in flex2, the tree controls
and indentation disappear.  For example, if I try to display a label
and an image for each node in the tree and I create an itemrenderer to
do so, the tree will only display the root node using the itemrenderer
with no controls to open it (basically turning the tree into a one
item list).
In flex 1.5 a cellrenderer assigned to a tree didn't override the
default tree behavior, it only changed the renderering of the item in
the node.
How does one accomplish this is flex2?

Thanks