The reason it still takes more time than in the IDE is that mxmlc has to
be loaded and initialized every time you start it from the commandline
whereas in Eclipse, the compiler is loaded only once and stays in the
Java VM.

Setting incremental=true on mxmlc should still be faster than without
but it is a lot slower than compiling from Eclipse (not a Mac issue, the
same is true for PC)

Dirk.