As Anatole suggests, turn on your keep-generated, check to see if the config information that you think you’ve specified is getting passed into the MXML.  If you have it working with the web tier you could also just create a debug option in FlexBuilder to launch the url to your MXML file on the server (uncheck the default box and edit away).  It will add the right parameters to launch it as debug.

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Chris Scott
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2006 5:29 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Flex 2 Beta 2 and Tomcat woes

Really nobody has any answers for me? Does anybody successfully build swfs locally and deploy to tomcat, connecting to java services through RemoteObject? As I noted i can deploy the mxml and let it compile at runtime, but that won't help with debugging, as I can't even run my mxml files in Flex Builder. (Flex 2 Beta 2, btw)