Hi everyone,

I've ended with "boxing" items into ObjectProxy that way:

[code]

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml"; xmlns="*"
        creationComplete="initApp();">
        <mx:Script>
                <![CDATA[
                        import mx.controls.Alert;
                        import mx.utils.ObjectProxy;
                        import mx.collections.ArrayCollection;
                        [Bindable]
                        private var arrayColl:ArrayCollection;
                        //
                        private function initApp():void{
                                var arr:Array = new Array(10);
                                for(var i:uint =0;i<arr.length;i++){
                                        arr[i] = new ObjectProxy(new
MyCustomItemVO("peter "+i,
"blazejewicz "+i));
                                }
                                arrayColl = new ArrayCollection(arr);
                        }
                ]]>
        </mx:Script>
        <mx:List id="testList" width="400" height="300"
                dataProvider="{arrayColl}" labelField="firstName"
                itemClick="Alert.show(testList.selectedItem.firstName);"/>
</mx:Application>

package {
        public class MyCustomItemVO {
                [Bindable]
                public var firstName:String;
                [Bindable]
                public var surname:String;
                public function MyCustomItemVO(firstName:String,
surname:String){
                        this.firstName = firstName;
                        this.surname = surname;

but I would welcome something built-in instead of above solution or
using IUUD interface,

regards,
Peter Blazejewicz