I haven't actually had a chance to play with FDS yet (and I am unfamiliar what exactly a destination is in this context) but what you describe sounds like a definite limitation. Would you be able to post some code that shows how and where this problem surfaces?

Stefan

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tom Bray
Sent: 29 March 2006 00:49
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Message destinations in the context of a multi-room chat app

Stefan, it's nice to know I'm not alone over here!

Regarding using FMS and FDS together, I'd like to be able to rebuild this app:

http://www.userplane.com/webchat/

using FDS for all the text messaging and data synchronization and FMS
for the live AV.  So far, I don't see a clear path to that goal
without dynamic destinations or some equivalent approach.  Remote
Shared Objects in FMS are essentially dynamic destinations the way we
use them in our apps.

-Tom