On 3/28/06, Manish Jethani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 3/29/06, Douglas Knudsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Ok, so I have a TileList using a itemRenderer known as Thumb.mxml.  In
> > Thumb.mxml I have
> >
> > <mx:Image  id="up" source="{upArrow}" visible="false"
> > click="mx.controls.Alert.show('hello');"/>
> >
> > I mash run, all looks good.  When I click on the image, nada, as in
> > nothing occurs.  If I change the event to mouseOver, mouseDown,
> > etc...it works.  Shouldn't click work too?
>
> Works for me.  Possible that the TileList is captuting the mouse
> events (I think we did that in Beta 2).

from the docs:
"The event will only be dispatched by the component if the mouse is
not also over a child of the component that has a click event
listener, or the component is not obscured by another component with a
click event listener."
http://livedocs.macromedia.com/labs/1/flex20beta2/langref/mx/core/UIComponent.html

So, if I have no click listener in the TileList, the click in the
image should fire, eh?  Or am I reading this wrong?

> Solution: listen for "itemClick" on the TileList followed by a
> hitTestPoint() (or just compare the columnIndex and rowIndex)

My itemRender has several items in it that may be clickable though.

DK

> Manish

Douglas Knudsen
http://www.cubicleman.com