you could use extraSpacing="0" even though the property does not appear in the list. I just tried it. The default is 20 and it does get ride of the extra space.

<mx:Button extraSpacing="0" label="Add Task" />

For anything else you want to try, try extending the button..

in line

Create a folder called Extendbutton and create a as class with this code and name the class Extendedbutton. From here you have absolute control of every aspect of a control. Anything can be extended. You can override functions properties etc..

package Extendbutton {
 import mx.controls.Button;
 import flash.util.trace;

 public class Extendedbutton extends Button {

  public function Extendedbutton():void{
   super();
   super.extraSpacing = 10;
   trace(super.extraSpacing);