There is also a Java applet that is great for Drag and Drop file upload:
jclientUpload I think it's called.

http://javaboutique.internet.com/jClient/

-----Original Message-----
From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Dave Wolf
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2006 6:16 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Can Flex do this? (was: Too many mistakes)

Stefan,

The usual trick here is a browser feature to get that to work.  They
usually have a DIV on the page which contains an FTP:// URI.  When you
drag the file into the DIV the browsers own FTP support kicks in and
uploads the file.

I know there are also ActiveX controls people have written for file
upload.

--
Dave Wolf
Cynergy Systems, Inc.

Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Office: 866-CYNERGY

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Stefan Richter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On this note I wanted to ask the crowd: is Flex2 capable of letting
a user
> drag a file from their desktop into the browser, onto the Flex app
and then
> have Flex upload it?
> I saw something similar being done by a custom ActiveX control in
> combination with AJAX and it was very slick. I had never seen
anything like
> it. Moreover that plugin was able to transcode video clips to Flash
Video