From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Robert Thompson
Sent: Sunday, April 02, 2006 3:15 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Any .NET Complete Projects out there with .NET
SOAP WSDL integration

I know Alistair McLeod has a great 1.5 example of Flex integrating with
Hotmail InBox and and Send
Mail Web Service.

However, I'm looking for a demonstration or tutorial on a full project
in ASP.NET 2.0 that
demonstrates both a FLEX 2.0 app. using SOAP to integrate with a Web
Service.

REST/HttpService is easy, I simply return XML via an .aspx ASP.Net page.

And although some may say, well if you can create a .NET Web Service
just do like the examples
like Flickr etc.  Easier said than done, even in Beta 2 mode.

I'm just wondering, does anyone especially from Macromedia have such an
example something like the
Flickr client example, but also some sort of SOAP (i.e. full compliance
even though it's slower I
know in SOAP, but I want to support WSDL on UDDI servers) example in
.NET that is proven to work
with FLEX 2.0 Builder client.

I really don't even like Mickeysoft, but I know .NET very well and it's
2nd only to flash in terms
of my skillset and I use it to get things done for some clients, while
for my own uses I'll be
using the developer edition of the Flex Data Services.

Any help, suggestions, example urls, Macromedia/Adobe personnel
referring to examples of full
projects would help.  For example, perhaps showing both client and
server examples more instead of
just client; though I know there are good Cold Fusion Adaptor uses, I
don't really like Cold
Fusion; I checked it out years ago; just overkill I think.  I'm just
looking for J2EE and .NET
Server examples as part of one project with the FLEX 2.0 code that ***
WORK ***.

-r